Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baby Pump/ Body Bump (like Body Pump, the fitness class... in case you didn't get it)

Oh hi!  Long time no blog.  Anyways... I'm pregnant!  17 weeks to be exact, and since I've been working out regularly so far, I figured I should probably blog about it, considering I'm a Personal Trainer and all....

Soooo I've been running and doing just about everything I was doing before, but my runs are a little slower and my workouts are not quite as intense, mainly because my energy levels are not the same (obviously), and probably because I constantly remind myself that there is a HUMAN BEING GROWING INSIDE OF ME!  That being said, my baby is very healthy, as am I, so I'll keep it up as long as I feel good and the doc is ok with it of course. 

I'm at 17 weeks.  I call this the awkward fat stage, AKA the stage where people wonder "is she pregnant? or is she just getting fat...?"  Photo proof:

summer 2012
Now: the "is she pregnant... or getting fat?" stage
Ok enough about me, here's more about me.... my workout I did today:

35 minutes on the elliptical.  I prefer running, but I just didn't feel like it today.  Probably because I ate this for lunch: 
Or maybe the Chipotle from last night was sitting heavy?  Either way, you shouldn't judge me... I'm pregnant!

Back to the workout.  Then I did an allover body circuit of:
15 straight leg dead lifts to shoulder press - 12.5 lbs
10 seated dips with legs straight out
plie squats with single arm swings - 12.5 lbs, 12 on each side
love handle leans - 10 on each side holding 12.5 lbs
Repeat x3

That about sums it up for today!  Want more info on the exercises I did?  Any other questions?
Please feel free to contact me through my website EmilyExercise.com!

I'm going to start sharing my prego workouts regularly to help motivate other pregos to get off your bums and help your bumps!  It's good for you, and more importantly, it's good for your baby :)  Just remember to talk with your doctor first. 


1 comment:

  1. neurofeedback adhd - Zengar.com is an Industry Leader in Healthy Brain Workout, Fitness Program, Neurofeedback for ADHD, Brain Exercises, Neurocare, PTSD Disorder and Biofeedback Systems."/>

    ReplyDelete