Friday, February 4, 2011

Fix those Workout Mistakes

I was very pleased to read one of Yahoo's articles this week regarding workout mistakes.  Their list of mistakes was similar to what I tell my clients on a regular basis.  So, I thought I'd share with you what I preach to them (since it's obviously great advice):

  1. Make sure you're eating enough!  Otherwise, you'll burn yourself out.
  2. Get some rest!  Don't overdo it.  Take a day or two off.
  3. Lift weights!  Muscle burns fat!
  4. Stretch!  Reward your muscles for their hard work and help prevent soreness.
  5. Don't weigh yourself - Measure yourself! Inches off your body are more important than lbs.  Plus, if you're building muscle, we all know muscle weighs more than fat, so weighing yourself can be misleading.
  6. Focus!  Your body is important - give it the attention it deserves during your workout.
  7. Keep your body guessing!  Change up your workouts regularly to continue seeing results.
  8. Technique and form are key to keeping injuries to a minimum and getting better results. 


DO IT!
and be a little less lazy and a lot more strong ;)




EmilyExercise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment